Follow us on:   

France condemns attack on its Libyan embassy
April 23, 2013, 10:12 am


Libyan security personnel gather outside the French embassy following the car bomb blast in Tripoli, Libya [Xinhua]

France strongly condemned the attack against its embassy in Tripoli in Libya that left two French guards injured, the presidency said on Tuesday in a statement.

Two people have been wounded according to reports so far.

French media reported that the French embassy in the Libyan capital was hit by a car bomb early on Tuesday, wounding two French guards and causing heavy damage to the building.

President Francois Hollande condemned the bombing, in the meanwhile, expressed his solidarity and wishes for the injured to recovery quickly.

The French head of state asked foreign minister Laurent Fabius to “send immediately his representative on site to take all necessary measures and ensure repatriation of our two compatriots.”

Fabius said in a foreign ministry’s statement that “in liaison with the Libyan authorities, government departments will make every effort to establish the circumstances of this odious act and rapidly identify the perpetrators.”

There has been a series of such attacks in Libya. The US mission in the eastern city of Benghazi was attacked last September that killed the US ambassador and three other Americans.

With inputs from Agencies

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Anti-Spam * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload the CAPTCHA.