|Follow us on:|
A court ruling ordered Tuesday to end the state of emergency on Tuesday instead of the previously announced date set on Thursday.
However, security forces continued to enforce the state of emergency on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Egypt’s Minister of Administrative Development Hany Mahmoud said the government has not received the court ruling yet, according to MENA.
Egypt’s interim government announced a state of emergency and a curfew on August 14 when security forces dispersed two sit-ins by supporters of ousted Islamist president Mohamed Morsi in Cairo and Giza.
Ousted Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi on Wednesday said the military-backed government had committed “high treason” and that Egypt “will not recover” until the “coup” that removed him from power was reversed.
“I am still the legitimate president of the Egyptian republic,” Morsi said, according to the statement read by his lawyer.