|Follow us on:|
On Tuesday, Malaysia’s acting Transport Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said at a press conference that a high-level Malaysian delegation was preparing to head to Beijing.
Earlier on Tuesday, Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Rajak said in a press conference that new satellite data provided by the French indicated that MH370 “ended” in the Indian Ocean.
Families of those believe lost on board were informed prior to the press conference via text messaging.
Malaysian Airlines CEO Ahmad Jauhari Yahya told a press conference that the company believed that text messaging would be the best way to ensure “the families heard the tragic news before the world did.”
Meanwhile, Beijing has said that it is “concerned” with the manner in which Malaysian authorities concluded that the airplane had crashed into the southern Indian Ocean, and were demanding clarity from Kuala Lumpur.
“It is an international search. China hopes international organizations and countries will provide Malaysia and China with valuable information to help us conduct better targeted search work,” said Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei.
Hong also said that three Chinese naval ships, including amphibious transport dock Kunlunshan, supply ship Qiandaohu and missile destroyer Haikou, will arrive in the southern Indian Ocean where French and Australian satellites spotted some kind of debris.
Families of those believed killed in the crash have been frustrated with what they said was misinformation and deceit from the Malaysian authorities.
On Tuesday, dozens of Chinese relatives demonstrated outside the Malaysian Embassy in Beijing; some shouted “Liars! Tell the truth! Return our relatives!” they shouted.