Recent Comments

BRICS aided Russia-SA ties: Zuma to Putin
August 29, 2014, 5:07 am

Russian President Vladimir Putin with his South African counterpart Jacob Zuma in on August 28, 2014 [PPIO]

Russian President Vladimir Putin with his South African counterpart Jacob Zuma in Novo Ogaryovo on August 28, 2014 [PPIO]

President Vladimir Putin on Thursday praised Russia’s cooperation with South Africa within BRICS.

Putin met his South African counterpart Jacob Zuma in Novo-Ogaryovo on the outskirts of Moscow city on Thursday.

“BRICS has opened up a bigger place for our relations, and they are very meaningful on a number of issues,” Zuma said.

The two leaders had met last month during the 6th BRICS Summit in Brazil where the group of five leading emerging economies scored with the announcement of a new development Bank and a $100 billion currency reserve arrangement.

Russia takes over the leadership of BRICS from Brazil next year.

Official figures show trade between South Africa and Russia grew by 13 per cent in 2013 while Russian investment to South Africa now stands at over a billion US dollars a year.

Trade and investment topped the agenda of talks on Thursday, official sources said.

Russia has offered to assist South Africa in building its nuclear energy capacity as the country grapples with its power supply. Putin had said earlier Russian helicopters operating in Africa will be serviced in South Africa.

Zuma also asked for Russian assistance to African peace and security missions in the continent.

“The security situation of the African continent was also discussed and assistance sought on peaceful missions that South Africa is involved in, including request for support of the African Capacity to Respond to Immediate Crisis (ACIRIC) process,” said a statement from the South African Presidency.

The two leaders also discussed the Ukraine crisis and the Israeli-Palestine conflict.

TBP

5 Responses to BRICS aided Russia-SA ties: Zuma to Putin

1. Shaun Daniels Reply

August 29, 2014 at 8:22 pm

Congratulations to all the BRICS members for starting a process that’s going to improve the lives of all of us (I am a South African)Çomrade Putin you have showed that you are a leader for the people of the world and not like the west who only look after a certain few.Power to BRICS and all success for the future.

Regards
    Shaun

2. Sababu A. Sanyika Reply

September 1, 2014 at 7:39 am

PEACE IN…
    Thank you all at BRICS for beginning the process of freeing yourselves and our world community from the tyrannical dictates of zionazis Jew led western world dominance.

The atrocious behavior of this western offense is dangerous indeed and can only spark increased hostility, growing conflict, and the unthinkable possibility of worldwide war using nuclear weapons of mass extermination of life as we current live and know it.

Our world community benefits greatly by the positions being taken by Russia as led by the Honorable Mr. President Putin.
    We must give Russia support as it weather the storm of zionazis Jew led attacks in Ukraine, attacks on Russia’s economy, and zionazis Jew owned western main stream media attacks on Russia with lies and misinformation used to keep citizens in western nations dumbed down and unable to accurately know and understand the crimes being committed in their nation’s name.

Our world community is fast awakening to who it’s real enemies are. It has become crystal clear that zionazis Jews are faulted for orchestration of all major problems confronted by our world community. We must unify in stopping this assault on all of us.

On July 20, 2014, VeteransToday.com launched a program to assist – “Wake Up the World to VT” – from which our world community can get truth and an action plan for dealing with an entrenched enemy – “WORLD PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE” – zionazis Jews and their equally evil neo Christian supporters. Please IMMEDIATELY access and assess Veterans Today’s program and pass it on to all.

Again, Thank BRICS for working for a better world in which we all can be safe, secure, and make progress in honorable ways fitting for the royalty of our common human dignity.

PEACE IN…PEACE OUT…

• Marlene Reply

March 28, 2015 at 12:48 pm

Hi Sababu, hope you get my response to your post or you visit this post again. I only disscovered the BRICS international site a few weeks ago and finding it very informative, was thrilled that we, as the ordinary folk, could interact with our comments. Storm here on KZN on Friday night fried our router, hence using my mobile. Although the post above is from last year, I still hope you receive my reply to you. Your remarks and recommendations to visit veterans today, was great and I applaud you for getting eyes to open to the true state of affairs which for decades upon decades have and continue in the western world, to the dictates of the greed and global hegemony of the zionazi banksters cabal. That said, it seems most South Africans and in particular white South Africans, remain uninformed about or even disbelieving of it all, rather continuing to view Russia and China as countries attempting to “take over” South Africa, regarding these countries with suspicion and as the communist dictatorships of the world and holding the west as the real democracies, although surely it must be in the face obvious to any reasonably aware person, that western politics in only the last three years clearly prove western leaders’ as outright zionazi fascists, bent on finally establishing their agenda of a one world government ruled by Washington. Sababu, I wonder if you can point me to a respected, constructive oriented forum or blog, where people can interact/discuss matters relating to South Africa, such as our economy, our future as a nation and ideas on how South Africans can move forward to and unify as one nation, despite our horrific past? I will bookmark this page and return, in hope you had received my response to your wide awake, spot on comment and recommendation about VT, a site I visit often. Take it you watch RT as well, have watched the whole ungodly saga unfold in Ukraine and like you, know thw truth and can only say, thank God Crimea is back where it belongs, while my heart stays in my mouth for the Donbass and just hope things turn out all right for its brave people. Forgive errors.

• Marlene Reply

March 28, 2015 at 12:56 pm

Hi Sababu, hope you get my response to your post or you visit this post again. I only discovered the BRICS international site a few weeks ago and finding it very informative, was thrilled that we, as the ordinary folk, could interact with our comments. Storm here in KZN on Friday night fried our router, hence using my mobile. Although the post above is from last year, I still hope you receive my reply to you. Your remarks and recommendations to visit veterans today, was great and I applaud you for getting eyes to open to the true state of affairs which for decades upon decades have and continue in the western world, to the dictates of the greed and global hegemony of the zionazi banksters cabal. That said, it seems most South Africans and in particular white South Africans, remain uninformed about or even disbelieving of it all, rather continuing to view Russia and China as countries attempting to “take over” South Africa, regarding these countries with suspicion and as the communist dictatorships of the world and holding the west as the real democracies, although surely it must be in the face obvious to any reasonably aware person, that western politics in only the last three years clearly prove western leaders’ as outright zionazi fascists, bent on finally establishing their agenda of a one world government ruled by Washington. Sababu, I wonder if you can point me to a respected, constructive oriented forum or blog, where people can interact/discuss matters relating to South Africa, such as our economy, our future as a nation and ideas on how South Africans can move forward to and unify as one nation, despite our horrific past? I will bookmark this page and return, in hope you had received my response to your wide awake, spot on comment and recommendation about VT, a site I visit often. Take it you watch RT as well, have watched the whole ungodly saga unfold in Ukraine and like you, know the truth and can only say, thank God Crimea is back where it belongs, while my heart stays in my mouth for the Donbass and just hope things turn out all right for its brave people. Forgive errors.

3. jens Reply

November 10, 2014 at 2:20 pm

The BRICS is a real representation of the wolrd.The West thought that the whole world is theirs and created a financial mess and wanna bring us back to modern slavery.
    I am so thankfull we have a hero like the president of Russia.
    Whoa was a ex KGB agent and knows exactly what kind of dirty tricks the West wanna put on us.
    They preach democracy, but they mean demo(N)cracy